Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers and bikes...

First off, happy father's day to all my compatriot dads out there. Anyone have any remembrances of their fathers and bikes. Other than the fact that I am sure he had something to do with picking out my first two bikes as a kid, the Huffy with banana seat, and then the AMF Roadmaster, I really only have one that springs to mind. I remember being out mowing the lawn one fine summer day, my dad must have taken the AMF for a spin around the block and had just pulled up. The elder of the smart-ass Robart kids, who lived on the next street, came riding by and said something, well... smart-assed. Needless to say my dad spun around and the race was on. Being barefoot at the time, there was no way I was going to keep pace, but I set out in pursuit anyway. A short time later my dad came riding back. Not sure, but I believe youth triumphed and the Robart got away, and probably had a good laugh. Remember thinking that I had never seen my dad move so fast though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...