Friday, February 4, 2011

Hey, I'm ridin' here, I'm ridin' here...

If you are not familiar with Dustin Hoffman's line and the scene from Midnight Cowboy, check it out here (YouTube won't let me embed this one). Classic retort to an impatient idiot of a driver. So this afternoon my son and I are riding home from his school and after cutting through the Colleges we are going to cross Foothill and head up Mills. There are three cars coming down Mills and are going to make a left onto Foothill. The idiot, of course, is the first one in line and decides that he cannot wait the 2 bloody seconds it takes us to get clear and instead makes the turn right on our rear wheels, staring at me staring at him through the whole turn. I don't know how many times this has happened at this particular intersection, and it pisses me off to no end. An impatient idiot in a motor vehicle is a tragedy waiting to happen. Are 2 seconds so precious to your miserable car-dependent life, or have you become so soft, lazy and arrogant, having to simply apply a little pressure to the gas pedal in order to pick up speed, that you regard anyone actually getting around under their own power as something freakishly unworthy to share the same space as you? I guess that when your own kids are out and about you just hope that an idiot equal to yourself doesn't cross their path, literally. Think, apply a little grey matter, or has your brain become too motor-addled to make that possible?






Alright, you know other than this incident, it was not a bad day at all, see,
SGRT in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...