Friday, May 25, 2012

Early Weekend C & V: 1970s Trek...


The story goes that this basic black Trek was used by its previous owner as a touring steed. Excepting a few standouts, it is pretty nondescript, with a kind of mish-mash of components including, Campagnolo headset, Suntour shifting, Mafac brakes. All that speaks of an owners preference over a period of years. What makes it stand out, I think, are the wheels, built with 70's Phil Wood hubs and boxy Wolber rims, the head badge, which has started to take on a nice patina, and an Avocet seat post with the Avocet logo (my photo of it did not come out, but I did find an advertisement over at Classic Rendezvous). Not sure of the exact date, though I have seen the same frame noted as a 1979 model 730 / 736. There you have it, and it's for sale at the Velo, World's Smallest Bike Shop.








3 comments:

  1. This look so good. Though I wouldn't really want to go for it since I already spent a handsome amount on mine, but still it looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a nice 1976 Trek bike and I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my bike is it sin Oldies But Goodies 1976 baby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...