Friday, November 5, 2010

Hard drive failure...

You probably could not tell, but I have been without my computer for the past week due to utter and complete failure of its hard drive. Below is a photo of the offending %&$**#@. Doesn't really look any different from the new hard drive I had to order and install in order to get up and running again. I have been able to keep up with the rest of the cycling world through my computer at work, and my wife's at home. But it sure is nice to have my own back again.
Unfortunately, I learned too late that Time Machine was not backing up all the info on the above pictured %#@%**^@# hard drive. Many of my photos were saved on cd or dvd, or one photo sharing service or other, but not all. The family history, which I had started rewriting, is completely gone (well, except for my paper copy that is), and who knows how much other text-type stuff, I will eventually come to remember. Ah well, a lesson learned the hard way. I now know to make sure Time Machine is doing it's job, and have learned the advantages of maintaining a clone as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...