Monday, November 8, 2010

What's next?

Well, I held out as long as I could, but the current economic realities of the building industry finally hunted down the Claremont Cyclist. After surviving numerous rounds of layoff I, today, found my neck stretched across the chopping block, and am now walking around headless, or so it feels. Of course the direction I need to proceed in is still clear, disembodied head and all; after 24 years of continuous employment I need to start collecting those benefits that I and my employers have been shelling out each week, and then start a new hunt. Besides that, I expect I will have more free time to read though all sorts of cycling stories, both old and new on my favorite blogs, maybe find some new ones, and write more of my own. There may even be time for more riding, and Zeus forbid that this period of unemployment should last as long as seems to be the norm these days, I could conceivable come into the Spring racing season the terror of the Master's categories. Though that would not be my first choice. Anyway, keep all those blog posts rolling, I may need something to keep my spirits up.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Man! That's tough. If it just happened today, you're probably still in a bit of shock. Hang in there...and go for a ride!

    Good luck as you move forward.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...