Thursday, November 18, 2010

Quotable me...

In this age of rapid and easy dispersal of information, I guess it should not be so surprising to find that some bit of thought or ramble, or what have you is picked up somewhere across the internet universe and reused for good or evil by someone else. I will often quote other bloggers or readers of blogs or on-line forums, in order to strengthen an argument I am making, or if the quote is especially poignant, or funny or otherwise deserves to be shared. I suppose there are bloggers and writers who are many times more prolific and successful than I am, and who are oft-quoted so frequently that they have become unfazed by this. I still get a kick out of it though. A couple quotes by me have been seen on the Ghost Bike documentary project website, and I have been sincerely stunned that the people putting that project together have considered what I have had to say to be worthy enough to be noted. 
page from the 2011 catalog (my Tucson looks better than the new model though)


The latest example of this has come from way out in left field. More than a couple years ago I was lucky enough to hold in my hand a winning raffle ticket which allowed me to bring home a new 29er mountain bike, a KHS Tucson, to be exact. Eventually, following a little saddle time, I decided to post up a short review on the local mountain bike forum (STR) in which I participate. Well, 2 1/2 years later, and KHS has come out with their 2011 catalog, and lo-and-behold there is a quote attributed to SoCalTrailRiders.org. This was noticed by one of the forum members and posted up; a little more research by someone else discovered that the quote was from my post. This all struck me as kind of funny in a round about sort of way. Those of you who follow this blog, may be aware that the KHS Tucson still carries me on most of my mtb rides, and further, that I have just this year, bought a new KHS road bike with which I have been having great fun. Other than owning two of their models I am in no capacity connected to the KHS company, but am willing to vouch for their product should anyone want to listen and take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...