Friday, January 7, 2011

Cycling Claremont: The Yale Avenue Breakfast Club...

When I ride into the Village on a Sunday morning for the farmer's market, or breakfast out, or what have you, I usually notice this group congregated outside 42nd Street Bagel, always the same spot, same couple tables, same core group with others stopping to join for a bit as they pass by. In fact, I might be more accurate describing them as the 42nd Street Bagel Breakfast Club. But that does not roll off the tongue as easily so, they are to me the Yale Avenue BC. My wife says they are all doctors (as in PhD) over at the colleges. She has talked to them before, so I suppose she knows; anyway, their conversations do become quite deep, compelling, informative. You could throw out any other number of similarly descriptive words here and get the idea. As you can see, some of them ride in, some walk, maybe some arrive by car. Lately, with my free mornings I have noticed they are there most days during the week, maybe everyday. They are a local fixture, and since at least some of them ride, I include them as a part of cycling Claremont.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...