Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SGRT People in B&W (mostly)...

For all the little bit of area it takes up in the grand scheme of things, the San Gabriel River Trail along its roughly 40 mile length from mountains to sea, is quite a microcosm of society. On my last ride from Duarte to Burrito Jr. in Seal Beach, and back, I tried to take photos of everyone I rode past, whether they were walking, jogging, riding or just standing. But I didn't want to take a typical framed portrait; I wanted to leave things a little more to chance. So, I held the camera in my right hand while it rested on the top of the handlebars and snapped away, not using a viewfinder or screen, trying to time it just right as I rode by. Plenty of pics came out with no one in them, other times I got a bit of rear wheel, or the smallest bit of someone's face as they rode into the picture frame. Since my hand was always in contact with the bars, every bit of rough, uneven pavement is recorded in the photos. Some are crisp, some fuzzy, some downright blurred. In fact were you to see them all and were you familiar with the route, you could probably predict exactly which section of trail I was on at the time. Of course most of them came out at odd angles. Here are the best of the bunch:





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...