Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bottecchia rebuild, part 5: more parts...

Big thanks to Dale at the Velo for agreeing to sell some of the parts I needed for the rebuild effort. Saves me time having to search and bid on them elsewhere. Today I was able to pick up Cinelli stem and bars, Campag brake levers (minus hoods), and Campag rear derailleur. I put some Cinelli bar tape on, and only then realized I might need to adjust the levers; I kept the old blue tape on underneath, just for history's sake.





2 comments:

  1. What year is your Bottecchia?

    Love it looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still have not been able to pin it's date down. Was told 70s when I bought it, which seemed reasonable. But since then I have heard as early as 50s. I am still inclined to believe somewhere in the range of the late 60s to 70s.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...