Wednesday, December 15, 2010

That new car smell...

Another in a dismally long list of lame excuses to aid the negligent or morally bankrupt drivers out there to avoid accepting responsibility for their actions: New car smell. I wonder if anyone has compiled a list of hit and run excuses such as this, along with statistics as to their respective success rates. How many cars are still being sold annually? I can imagine that this one first instance is just the tip of the iceberg; I mean think about it - how many thousands of new vehicles are on America's roads right this minute, in which the passenger compartments are becoming saturated with "new car smell" affecting the abilities of the drivers to function. Geez, we could be on the verge of a major calamity. Holy smokes, Batman!! And if your car is not new anymore, no need to worry, you can always keep a bunch of "new car smell" dispensers stocked and ready for use. You know, now that I think about it, six months after I bought my first vehicle (1981) I totaled it in a single vehicle collision with a very large tree (not a single wreck or moving violation since then) - all this time I thought it was due to being young, dumb, and inexperienced, when in fact it was, you guessed it, "new car smell." Is it too late for litigation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...