Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Trash no more...

When I took these photos I did not have my camera on it's "normal" setting, and they came out so absolutely overexposed as to be a white screen. You could just make out that there was something there. Rather than trash them though, which is what I would normally have done, I decided to play around with the adjust feature in iphoto to see what I could get. I have done so before in order to highlight a particular part of a photo, so it was worth an experiment. I must have adjusted everything possible on these, exposure, contrast, saturation, definition, highlight, shadow, sharpness and denoise, and the results ended up being somewhat interesting; the third one especially, almost looks like a faded polaroid from the seventies or so. Anyway, apparently it is possible to get something from nothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...