Saturday, April 10, 2010

International Festival / Bike Polo...


I really felt the need to get more than a few miles in so I spun along Baseline to San Dimas and back. Not especially long, but it was somewhat satisfying. With the routine done, the rest of the day was freed up for more interesting things. The three of us rode down to the colleges for the International Festival. A lot of different types of food, music and dance. Put together by students at the colleges, the Fest pulls in a lot of people from the community as well.


Many flowers - in the hair...or on the hats.


Arrive like this group; no parking aggravation.


Jammin'




From there is was time to check into some more bike polo at the Inland Empire beginners tourney. This was the real deal, unlike the practice I watched a week ago. It can get pretty intense at times, but mostly everyone was having fun. Riding, crashing, whacking the ball. For those who do not know the rules, you can not put a foot down; if you do you are out of play for as long as it takes to ride over and touch a post or designated area, depending on how the court is set up. So yes, there is a lot of balancing involved. Dale, at The Velo is ready to form a local team; I might just have to give it a try. Though I will need a proper polo bike. More photos here (slideshow).







2 comments:

  1. This looks interesting, you should do it. Look forward to watching you play.
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt I'll ever play bike polo, but this post makes me want to ride with flowers in my hair :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...