Friday, April 2, 2010

An afternoon of bikes...

Riding bikes, watching bikes, talking bikes. One of the best things about Claremont is it's plethora of opportunities for those of us who like to ride. While the Basso took a day of rest, I brought out the big wheels for a spin through the local canyons and across the hillsides of Claremont Hills Wilderness Park. Green grasses rippling across the slopes with the ebb and flow of the breeze. Hypnotic, if you stare too long. Hawk takes flight from a nearby perch to break the trance. Wildflowers adding splashes of color on the fringes. It was mostly a slow ride back down canyon; many families out enjoying the sun and blue sky.



I love old dead trees like this; the kind you see in spooky movies

Cloud patterns


Looks like the Easter Bunny passed this way.

Leg shot, with dirt


Monkey flower



So after my journey to the country, I visited the town. I needed to drop some bills off at the post office, so I cut through the colleges. While doing so I spotted some bike poloists practicing before their evening match. Very cool, and though I have known about the sport for a while, this was the first time to actually see them going at it. I declined an invitation to join them; can't imagine how many times I would fall over if I tried that. You really need some extra special bike handling skills.










Finally, to cap things off, I paid a visit to the Velo; looked at the new stock, talked about this and that. People came and went after minor fixes to their bikes; a new white saddle to match white wheels on a fixie, raise a saddle a smidge on an old French road bike. And now maybe I'll go watch some more bike polo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...