Monday, July 26, 2010

Bottecchia rebuild, part 2: More cleaning, a minor surprise, and a curiosity...

Have removed the rust from most of the parts now, just the crank arms to go. The lugs look nice and shiny, but have a black discoloration in areas. Maybe I need to find a polish to take care of it. The Zeus cable guide turned out really well, as did the rear brake housing clips along the top tube. Two of these are Giorgia, while the third is DiaComp. Two wow's and one meh. Not sure what the symbol is on the Giorgia two, a dragon or horse flying a banner would be my guess. I am a bit curious as to why they are even on the bike, since the underside of the top tube does have what I assume are braze on cable guides, located both front and back. The more I look at the frame all cleaned up now, the more consideration I give to repainting it, but am hesitant over the extra cost.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...