Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Anywhere, Anytime...


You know, I think this sign has been up for a while, but I can't recall seeing it until last week when I was out on a night ride. Maybe the way my light hit made it stand out, or maybe I am tricking myself and it actually is new.

Whatever the case, I have previously shown examples of the many different cycling related signage to be seen around Claremont. There are the ones revealing that bikes may use full lane, others marking the Citrus Regional Bikeway, reminding everyone to share the road, and watch for bikes, or noting the boundary of the Bicycle Priority Zone. Then there are the other on-ground markings signifying the location of a bike lane, or a sharrow.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign

Ooops, sorry about that, mind wandered for a minute there - thinking about all those signs. Anyway, I think my favorite bike sign of all has to be that one shown above. It is non-specific, it does not relegate bikes to a certain area, does not limit them to one place or another. Instead it seems to unequivocally proclaim - BIKES - expect them anywhere, anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...