Thursday, May 24, 2012

Oh, Canada, Oh No, Kristin...

Terrific start for the Canadian women in the 2012 Exergy Tour prologue - Whitten, Carleton, Hughes in the top three spots. But man, I could feel the shock of hitting the pavement when Kristin Armstrong went down, and she went down suddenly and hard. Armstrong was really flying around the short course and I have to think would have dislodged all three of the top racers if she had not gone down. She still managed to finish only 8 seconds back. Worst of all, the way she was holding her shoulder at the end was not reassuring. Damn. Confirmed - Armstrong has been knocked out of the race with a broken collarbone. You know she was pumped to be racing before the hometown crowd. That has to double the pain. Damn.

authors photo of Kristin Armstrong from the 2012 San Dimas Stage Race

2 comments:

  1. I am so bummed I completely missed this race! I see E. Stevens won. I wish I planned better and watched this race. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I didn't do much better; only got to see the prologue.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...