Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Quotable Link: Donal Harrington...


“The girl (in the ambulance) said ‘stop’ but I said I’d only stop if she had a bandage ready when I stop. She didn’t so she threw a bit of water on me and I went off again. I knew I was never going to get back on because they were just going too fast.”


The vast majority of us competitive cyclists will never get the chance to race an event as big as the An Post Ras, let alone anything even more prominent. Mayo Centra Team rider, Donal Harrington, was not going to let a little blood (or a lot as the case may be) stop him. There is a good read, with uncropped bloody photo by Paul Mohan too, over at the Sticky Bottle.



2 comments:

  1. Donal you are now a "man of the RAS".

    BONES HEAL BUT CHICKS DIG SCARS

    JMC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donal's ride should worth a free ticket to that designation, man of the RAS, but there must be an easier way to earn it too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...