Thursday, January 12, 2012

SLow Ride...

Whenever I see these guys, and there seems to be any number of them out along the San Gabriel River Trail (SGRT) on any given day (last weekend, in this case), two songs come to mind. Both 70s classics - War's "Low Rider", and "Slow Ride", by Foghat. You know what I mean?



"...Low rider don't use no gas now..."

Admittedly the "Slow Ride" lyrics don't work as well in this particular case, but if you twist the title a little bit you can kind of imagine ... no, never mind, I guess you can't. They do tend to cruise though; I rarely see them moving along with much speed. Maybe it's just not their thing. 


"...The low rider don't drive too fast..."


And it must be a different perspective riding so low. I held the camera down low by the pedal as I rode up behind them in order to try and catch that feeling.


"...Take a little trip, take a little trip
Take a little trip and see..."

1 comment:

  1. I met a guy from the east coast once that called them "inchworms" because of the speed at which they went uphill.

    Now I can't make myself stop calling them that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...