Friday, September 2, 2011

Amsterdam Lycra / Denim Helmet Divide...

You may not get quite the kick out of this as I did, but




I wish I had this photo when writing the Lycra / Denim Helmet Divide some time back. The above photo, by Mikael of Cycle Chic fame, was taken in Amsterdam. From everything I have ever read or seen of that city (unfortunately, I have as yet never had the fortune to visit), this view is pretty typical. Everyone in the photo, even the guy on the motor scooter, falls onto the Denim-side of the Divide, and are sans helmets. But wait, look at that one guy mostly hidden at the back of the bunch. He's got a helmet on, and i'll be damned if he isn't wearing lycra as well. More incontrovertible evidence of the Divide. If you missed that post, or forgot about it, it is here.

In all seriousness though, this does not prove anything. As I noted the Divide is not 100% accurate on either side, but is rather a general tendency that I have noticed over the years. It is still fun to find things like this photo though, which seem to lend credence to the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...