Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Interbike, Who's Here...

True, most people are at the show to check out the bikes, components, and various related products. But, it is not until the celebrities show up that the crowds really gather at the booths. I have never actually seen him in person, but I am pretty sure I saw Maurice Tierney of Dirt Rag magazine. Victor Riquelme was talking to some people in the SRAM booth; I went to pick up a catalog, and when I turned back to ask him about his recovery he was gone - couldn't spot him anywhere. Also at SRAM was the guy shown below, Danny Hart, the new UCI World Champion in the Downhill (he won the event in Switzerland on September 4). I believe Anneke Beerten, recently crowned 4x World Champion was there as well. So said the MC, but I could not pick her out from the crowd. 


Both Dave Zabriskie and Ryder Hesjedal were at the Garmin booth. I got around to that area of the venue to late, but they will be back tomorrow. Ironman 70.3 World Champion, Michael Raelert gave an interview and signed autographs at the BMC booth. Tim Massengill is at the show, though helping others, rather than showing his own work; you may remember, I was impressed with his bikes which I saw at the San Diego Custom Bike show earlier this year. Juan Jose Cobo was there. Well, maybe not, but there was a big photo of him along with one of his Red Jersey's signed by the Geox team, and a team bike (not sure if it was Cobo's). That little display was at the Fuji booth. And since I bring bikes of celebrities up, Cadel Evans had at least two bikes that I saw. Finally another, not who, but what - Circulus, which began it's life in Claremont, has travelled around, currently resides in Portland, but has also made the trip to Interbike. I need to try to be there when they actually race on it. It is something I am yet to see. 


Michael Raelert will be racing on BMC bikes next year

Tim Massengill keeping in shape

Circulus

Juan Jose Cobo stuff

Danny Hart

That's it for now; my back is killing me for lugging around so much stuff (literature, freebies and what not) all day. Tomorrow, I go light - my camera, note pad, and a single small mussette for stuff. Right now though, I would really like to go to CrossVegas for the racing and the show, so I better get going.


So, rather than do a new post each day for whoever I happen to see, I figure I can just add on to this one. Day two, who did I see:


Ben King at USA Cycling

Rebecca Rusch at the Buff booth

Dorothy Wong (don't forget, Cross season racing starts
this weekend at Downtown LA Historic Park)

Ryder Hesjedal and Danny Summerhill, teammates at Garmin-Cervelo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...