Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cycling Claremont: Espiau's...

Cavendish charging over Mount Baldy notwithstanding, the window at Espiau's is dressed for the arrival of the Tour. Espiau's Restaurante y Cantina is located on one corner of First and Yale in the Claremont Village. Want Mexican food, Espiau's may be the place for you. I always get the shredded beef burrito, but I understand other selections are equally good. I must admit that my penchant for sticking with what I like, when I find it, limits my ability to comment more widely on the food. However, be ready for some cheese, lots and lots of cheese, and, salads are BIG. They have indoor and patio seating, with a few tables on the sidewalk out front as well. On weekends you will regularly hear music coming from the enclosed patio, as the restaurant hosts live bands.


If Espiau's looks like it was at one time an old-school filling station, you would be correct. Link to their website here (warning: Johnny Cash will begin playing as soon as their page loads).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...