Saturday, May 14, 2011

Keep Dave Melrose Alive...

Thought I would share a few links to this cause, in case some of you are unfamiliar. I first heard about it, probably a couple months ago, via the SoCal Trailriders forum, and soon after I liked their Facebook page so I could get updates. In short, Dave Melrose is a local mountain bike rider, chess player, rock and roll aficionado, etc, who has developed cancer. I will leave it up to you to read the whole story, rather than my thirdhand, or so account; you can do so at keepdavealive.org



I also read though the online Los Angeles Times blog, that there will be a benefit this evening in Altadena, which will include a Black Sabbath tribute by Jack Black, more music by the Dos, as well as other happenings. As little as $20 gets you in the door. Read about it via LA Times here. The KeepDaveAlive website, noted above, also has the event's relevant information. Sorry for the lateness, I just heard about it myself.

1 comment:

  1. As a recovering cancer sufferer myself I found the links and information very interesting....
    Thanks for posting.

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...