Sunday, March 13, 2011

Getting artsy on the bike path...


Sometimes taking photos of people riding their bikes gets a bit old. Well, not really, but sometimes I look for other things while riding around. Such was the case today. These pics are from the San Gabriel River Trail, in the gap between the northbound and southbound 605 freeway. Before they built the rest area, just up the path a ways, riders always used to stop under the 605 during the hot days of summer due to all the shade provided by the overpasses. I used as well but, because I was stopping for the shade, I don't think I ever stopped dead center like today, and never really paid attention to the repetitive pattern of the piers supporting the spans. Of course during the summer the river is normally dry, while today it was flowing bank to bank and the added reflection off the water mirrored the air gap above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...